Get info about things to do, where to stay, and the best food to eat on your visit to Tokyo, Japan. Here’s the guide:
Tokyo (東京), Japan, is one of the world’s greatest cities, and there’s so much to do and see when you visit. From temples and shrines, to gardens and museums, you’ll never run out of attractions. Out of all the things you could do, I’ve chosen a top 25 list for this awesome city (and just so you know food is my first choice in Tokyo)!
1. Ameya-Yokochō (アメヤ横丁) – A giant open air market that offers clothes, cosmetics, food, and restaurants and bars.
2. Meiji Shrine (明治神宮) – This Shinto shrine, surrounded by beautiful forest, is extremely significant.
3. Ryogoku Kokugikan (両国国技館) – Even if it’s not fight season, you can go to the free sumo museum and eat sumo chankonabe.
4. Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden (新宿御苑) – The garden is a beautiful attraction in Tokyo, with French gardens, Japanese gardens, and a green house.
5. Ginza (銀座) / Yurakucho (有楽町) – Ginza is a great area of town for upscale shopping and dining, while Yurakucho is famous for Izakaya bars and restaurants under the railroad track.
6. Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building (東京都庁舎) – There are a lot of things to do in Tokyo where you have to pay, but here, you can go to the 45th floor for free.
7. Tsukiji Market (築地市場) – One of the most famous attractions in all of Tokyo is the Tsukiji Market (築地市場), the biggest seafood market in the world.
8. Shibuya (渋谷区) – With the busiest intersection in the world, Shibuya (渋谷区) is also home to shopping and restaurant.
9. Sumida River (隅田川) – At Tokyo’s Sumida River, you can either just walk around the park and enjoy the riverside views, or you can take the Tokyo Cruise in a boat.
10. Tokyo Imperial Palace (皇居) – This is the home of the emperor of Japan. To enter the grounds, you have to make a tour booking on the official website
11. Ueno Park (上野公園), Tokyo National Museum (東京国立博物館) – Ueno Park is a huge public park in Tokyo with shrines, gardens and a number of museums.
12. Tokyo Skytree (東京スカイツリー) – They call it Tokyo’s biggest attractions. It’s a huge communications tower with various viewing decks and galleries.
13. Harajuku (原宿), Takeshita Street (竹下通り) – Famous for its street market and cosplay that takes place, this is a place in the city to see and be seen.
14. Senso-ji (金龍山浅草寺) – Visiting this temple is one of the top things to do in Tokyo, frequented by both tourists and religious pilgrims. It’s the oldest temple in Tokyo.
15. Edo-Tokyo Museum (江戸東京博物館) – It looks a little like a UFO, but it’s one of Tokyo’s main museums, that aims to preserve the history of the city.
16. Fine Dining – Let’s just face it, Tokyo is one of the best cities in the world for high class dining – atmosphere, presentation, food, it’s all just stunning!
17. Akihabara Electric Town (秋葉原電気街) – If you love electronics and gaming, you’re going to love the area of Akihabara. You’ll also find those infamous maid cafes here.
18. Tokyo Stock Exchange (東京証券取引所) – Another free attraction in Tokyo is to be a guest at the stock exchange where you can see the Japanese Nikkei being traded.
19. Roppongi (六本木) – Home to the Mori Art Museum and a hotspot for nightlife in the city, Roppongi is an exciting area of town.
20. Odaiba (お台場) – This area of Tokyo is full of things to do like Legoland, and Palette Town, an indoor amusement park. It’s also known as Tokyo’s entertainment island.
21. Yoyogi Park (代々木公園) – Located next to Meiji Shrine, and just a short distance from Harajuku and Shinjuku, this park is popular for exercise and dance.
22. Nezu (根津), Yanaka (谷中 (台東区) – Tokyo is a truly modern city, but there are a couple places like Nezu and Yanaka that have held strong to their traditional and cultural roots.
23. Onsen (温泉) – You’ve got to strip down naked before you can enter a Japanese public bath.
24. Mount Takao (高尾山) – Just 50 km from central Tokyo, this mountain is popular for climbing and is a sacred religious mountains. Makes a good day trip from Tokyo.
25. Food – Finally, food is the reason I visited Japan, and I think eating is by all means one of the best things to do in Tokyo. Food is everywhere, and not only does it taste amazing, but the care that goes into Japanese cuisine is incredible.
Thank you very much for watching this video that includes some of the best things to do in Tokyo. I hope it will give you inspiration to visit and eat through this amazing city.
Tokyo travel guide for food lovers:
All music in this video courtesy of AudioNetwork.com
Support my videos: